General presentation of the Spot
The Malval cliff is divided into 3 superb routes on “quartz schist” rock:
– The “aurora borealis” route (1 length)
– The “boarding” route (2 pitches)
– The route “la fat mate” (2 pitches)
Access and parking:
Go to Bonnat. Take the D6, then take the 3rd road on the left towards Linard. In the village, at a barn (in front of you) with green markings on a sign, take the 250 m road to the left and park on the sides at the level of a calvary.
Go down the path for 150 m and at the top of a small hill, follow the fluorescent orange markings, sometimes slippery downhill to the foot of the tracks, first “aurora borealis”, then the other 2 tracks a little below to the left.
– 5 lengths of rope equipped with 12 mm plates and glued pins with chained relays. Provide single 60 meter or double 2×40 meter rope.
– Possibility of abseiling from the 3 chain relays at the top of the cliff.