A place full of history…
The Hotel Lépinat was the meeting place for impressionist painters from 1880. In Crozant, close to the ruins of the medieval castle, the Lépinat Inn was one of the rallying points of all the painters frequenting the Creuse Valley.
Many stayed there, others came to join, when evening came, the merry band. Music, songs, stories animated these evenings where the painters entertained themselves after long days spent alone painting on the ground.
This place, described at the time by its customers as a real little “museum”, was the place where Armand Guillaumin, Léon Détroy, Francis Picabia, Wynford Dewhurst, etc.
Always listening to the painters, Madame Lépinat, the owner of the place, forged bonds of friendship with them.