Naillat
naillat.jpg

Naillat

The commune of Naillat is located in the south of the canton of Dun le Palestel, on the northern edge of the Marche, between Limousin and Berry. It is accessible by the RN145 which serves it. Two rivers, classified as first category for fishing, water Naillat giving it superb landscapes: panorama of the Bois de Chabannes, sites of Pécut, pond of Poulignat … Two hiking trails will allow you to discover them. Naillat is a dynamic town with no less than 12 associations. It also has a remarkable heritage: dolmen, menhir, … and above all a particularity since the church has a remarkable twisted bell tower worth a visit.

Bourg, Eglise fortifiée Saint-Médard de Noyon

The Romanesque church, built in the 13th century, initially depended on the provostry of Saint-Vaury and then the patronage was ceded to the abbey of Saint-Martial de Limoges. At the beginning of the 15th century, the church was fortified, a three-story square bell tower (the only one in the department) was built on the west side and the single nave with a straight chevet, which was originally covered with a broken barrel, was vaulted with arches. The frescoes discovered in 1995 on the south wall of the nave were also painted during this period. Other painted decorations were made in 1881 by the Simonet workshop in Cressat (Creuse) in the nave and choir.

Eglise De Naillat

Eglise De Naillat

Poulignat, Chapel of the Augustinians of Montmorillon (reuse)

According to Noëlle Bertrand’s research,. the village of Poulignat depended since the 17th century on the commandery of the Augustinians of Montmorillon with three ponds, a mill and a chapel. The latter, placed under the vocation of Saint John the Baptist, was the starting point of the Saint John procession, which was also the patronal feast of the village. Probably destroyed at the end of the 18th century, the chapel no longer appears on the 1826 land register. This reuse (network of a bay) in a house in the village is today I only vestige of the chapel.

Chapelle Des Augustins De Montmorillon

Chapelle Des Augustins De Montmorillon

Bourg, Oratory to Our Lady of Lourdes

This oratory was built around 1850 by Mr. Joseph Desforges, a resident of La Vergne, on his estate. Until the 1940s, a procession leading to this oratory took place every August 15, the day of Saint Mary. It is not strictly speaking a grotto of Lourdes since the Virgin is not placed in a niche. Nevertheless, the reference to the miraculous grotto remains strong.

Oratory At Our Lady Of Lourdes

Oratory At Our Lady Of Lourdes

Prepare

More info

your stay