Church of Saint Sulpice
Established in the 12th century, the church was modified in the 13th century with the addition of a portal before being completely rebuilt in the 14th century. After a partial collapse and the demolition of the bell tower in 1910, a triangular bell-wall with three arches was erected in 1911-1912.
Le Peux Guierchois and Le Perthuis, fountain
Located along the road through the village, it feeds a private washhouse. Shown on the cadastre of 1826, it could date from the late 18th or early 19th century. Built of dry stone, it is now located in the middle of a field.
The passenger and freight stations were built between 1882, when work began on the Guéret-Saint-Sébastien line, and 1886, when the line began operating. In order not to harm the health of the inhabitants nor to disturb the herds, the station was located outside the village of Lafat. The development of the railroad and its annexes, then the activity of the station and its traffic, made the village of Chadreugnat a village-stop. Passenger trains stopped running in 1940, freight trains ran from Saint-Sébastien to Lafat until 1950 and then from Lafat to Guéret until 1952.
The Castle of La Guierche
Around the year 1000 existed a motte castrale, located in the present village of La Petite Guierche. Of this motte, only a mound surrounded by traces of ditches and moats remains today. A stone castle, located nearby in the village of La Guierche, succeeded it. It was destroyed between 1768 and 1787. The only remains of the castle are a few remnants scattered throughout the commune. The first mention of the lordship of Le Guierche dates back to the beginning of the 13th century. In the 18th century, the building belonged to the Foucaulds, lords of Saint-Germain Beaupré, and then to the Marquis Doublet de Persan.
La Petite Guierche, washhouse
This octagonal washhouse originally belonged to the château de la Guierche. It must probably be the castle fountain, described in the sources as being located in the lower yard. The castle. destroyed, the fountain was moved to this parcel and washing stones were added to the basin to be used as a washhouse.
Bourg, armorial lintel
In the early 20th century, this fragment of a lintel was moved from the site of the castle to the garden of a house in the bourg: it shows a crowned coat of arms, flanked by two carved supports. The arms depicted, very faded, appear to be those of the Foucauld de Saint-Germain Beaupré family: their coat of arms is azure semé de fleur de lys d’or.