Church of Saint Pierre-ès-Liens
The parish church, dedicated to Saint,Pierre ès,Liens, was built beginning in the late lle century and completed in the 12th century. It was originally the church of a monastery (then priory) which depended on Saint,Martial de Limoges. Raised and fortified in the 14th and 15th centuries, it was the subject of an exterior restoration and renovation operation in 2006, 2007. On this occasion, the stained glass windows were removed and restored by the Art Vitrail workshop.
The church, formerly surrounded by a cemetery (transferred in 1927 to its current location), consists of a nave of four barrel-vaulted bays, a transept surmounted by an octagonal dome on a trunk and a choir finished by a semi-circular apse. On the outside, zoomorphic modillions support the cornice. The church was classified as a historical monument in 1992.
Les Vignauds, Saint Roch Devotional Fountain
The fountain, as well as the statue of Saint Roch, may date from the 18th century while the oratory above it is thought to date from the mid-20th century (recently restored). Saint Roch (circa 1340, 1379), a citizen of Montpellier who survived the plague, is invoked against contagious human and animal diseases. Thus, the shepherdesses of the area used to come in procession to the fountain on August 16th to ask for the protection of their sheep by depositing fruits or coins. Saint Roch is depicted here in the classic manner, as a pilgrim (with the bumblebee), with a wound on his leg and accompanied by a dog.
Bourg, House known as “Villa du Theuil”, South facade
The symmetrical facades of this house have three bays on B three levels, including a floor under the roof lit by segmental arch dormers. The unit is covered by a light-colored rendering that reveals all the protruding ashlar (granite) elements: corner chains, flashing, frames … The south facade is distinguished by the presence of two half off-work corner towers of hexagonal section.