église Saint-Vaury_1

Eglise de Saint Vaury

Historic site and monument, Church in Saint-vaury
  • Fortified Romanesque church (11th-12th). It features a western bell tower, a single nave and a semi-circular apse. Inside, a 15th-century altarpiece depicts Passion scenes carved in limestone. Surprising new-style concrete bell tower built in 1925.
    Romanesque chapel of Saint-Michel, built on a promontory south of the village (towards Grand-Bourg). Built in the 11th century and rebuilt in the 17th century, it was assigned to the Pénitents Blancs brotherhood. Chestnut shingle roof and bell tower.