See photos (2)

Eglise St Blaise

Historic site and monument, Church, Registered and listed sites in Saint-bard
  • Before the French Revolution, the church belonged to the diocese of Clermont-Ferrand. Patronage belonged to the Abbey of Chambon. Dating from the late 13th and early 14th centuries, this church comprises a three-bay nave with a straight chevet, the last bay forming a choir. It was rib-vaulted in 1870, when a chapel was added to the north. This modern vault, which replaces panelling, uses some of the supports from the original ribbed vault. The chevet is lit by a long, three-lobed bay. South...
    Before the French Revolution, the church belonged to the diocese of Clermont-Ferrand. Patronage belonged to the Abbey of Chambon. Dating from the late 13th and early 14th centuries, this church comprises a three-bay nave with a straight chevet, the last bay forming a choir. It was rib-vaulted in 1870, when a chapel was added to the north. This modern vault, which replaces panelling, uses some of the supports from the original ribbed vault. The chevet is lit by a long, three-lobed bay. South portal in broken tracery with spandrels, columns and capitals forming a frieze. Bell-wall with triangular gable.

    To protect the church interior from damp, the doors will only be opened when the weather is fine.
    If you would like to visit but the church appears to be closed, please contact the Mairie for further information. 05 55 67 23 56
  • Environment
    • In the village
Openings
Openings
  • All year 2024