5 sites of discovery arranged:
- The arboretum ( access from the parking lot of the giant maze )
- The pond ( access from the parking lot Pierre la Grosle )
- The anthill ( access from the parking lot Pierre la Grosle )
- The discovery trail ( Take direction Bourganeuf by the D.940 then at the end of the three lanes, turn left and continue for about 1 km and follow the indications )
- Les Pierres et Légendes ( Accessible from the D.940 in the direction of Bourganeuf, then at the end of the three lanes, turn left or from the circuit of hike n°13 )
A virtual forest
Three trails in the state forest are now planted with terminals equipped with QR codes.
Thirty wooden terminals are equipped with QR codes that give you access to a forest of information once scanned into your smartphone. This new project piloted by the ONF called“In the forest with Manon”, carried by Laurent Rivière (in charge of the forest charter), aims to make people discover or rediscover the Forest of Chabrières differently via new technologies.
> 3 sites developed:
- La Croix des Bois
- The site of Pierre la Grosle
By scanning the QR codes, you are directed to the information collected by the ONF on the forest ( tree age, dates of planting, work done … )
The discovery trail
A project adapted to all
If the QR code placed on the top of each terminal refers to a general explanatory page, other QR codes are on the sides that refer, them, either to an explanation in Falc (Easy to read and understand) language recognized by Adapei 23, or to anaudio explanation.
How to scan the QR codes
You can download the application that scans the QR codes of your choice (Scanner QR for example) on your smartphone and open it to read the QR codes once in the forest. You can also find all the information available on the website: www.enforetavecmanon.wordpress.com